Wednesday, January 04, 2006

3rd writing mood...amazing, ain't it?

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes it's hard to come back home when you've had a spiritual mountain top experience? I especially struggled with this when I got back from our week long mission trip to Honduras. I felt as if I was on top of the world, close to God, then came home, took one step too far and face planted in the valley. It was hard. Having just returned from a similar experience, I am tempted to 'take a step' too far. I am determined to stay where I'm at..or where I felt I was earlier in the week. I didn't do anything wrong coming back from Honduras that made me feel pushed over the edge...it was just hard easing back into life as usual. But I don't want to ease back into life as usual. There's no reason why I can't stay on top of the world. And I'm determined to try. I'll probably slip and fall, but I'll get up and start climbing again. It will be hard, no doubt. But when you've tasted and seen...it's harder to stay away. Later days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home