Friday, March 17, 2006

Just thinkin'

So I was going back through a good friend's blog, and just thinking how grateful I am that she's my friend and that she was there for me when I was in Honduras, and when I returned. Going back through some of her entries and some of mine reminded me of all the mixed feelings I had when I got back. I was terribly homesick...Honduras had become my home. I missed my Honduran friends who had become like family in only 10 days. I remember feeling like I was alone, because my friend--who I wanted to just spill everything out to--was in another part of the U.S. I remember wanting to be either with her, or back in Honduras...anywhere but here, basically. But as I look back on it all now, I am glad that "no one" was here when I returned...of course, my friend was writing me and helping me as much as I would be helped, but I really had to depend on God to be everything I needed. And it was super hard. But looking back, I'm amazed at how much my walk with the Lord has grown since July 1-10th. It's incredible. I'm so ready for Honduras this year, but this time...I'll try to be a little more prepared coming back. :) I'm out. Later days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home