Friday, February 12, 2010

Ramblings

Eh, so not much has been going on in my life lately. I go to one class on Monday and Wednesday, then I'm done for the day. I just got a new job here in Jackson, so I'm usually working MWF as soon as I'm out of class. Tuesday and Thursday I've decided are the days I'm going to hate for the rest of the semester. I have class from 8 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon without a break--not even for lunch. That should be interesting. It'll probably end up being my diet plan.

Work has been good. It's my first time working in a restaurant, but so far, I've really liked it. It's intense though. I never really realized how much goes on being a waitress. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard, but you'd most definitely be wrong. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that I've never knew about. I love it though. After this week, I'll be through with my training and on to working on my own. That will be exciting, and I'll finally be making some money off of tips. Even though I've had to learn so much, I love it. I love the people I work with too. I'm so easily amused that they all make me laugh, and I'll have a good time anywhere as long as I'm laughing.

I've decided though that I absolutely hate being sick. I used to brag on my excellent immune system, because I could be around people hacking up their lungs or drink after people like that and never get sick. Not anymore. I've been sick for the past week with this nasty, nasal-y, congestion shite that I haven't been able to kick yet. It sucks, especially at work because my ears are all stuffed up too, so everything customers say to me sounds muffled. I hate asking people to repeat themselves, but when you feel like you've got two pillows attached to the side of your head, sometimes that's what it takes.

I feel like if this freakin snow would just melt already, I'd probably get better faster. This white crap has been hanging around since I got to school two weeks ago. Normally, I love snow. We don't get it much here, so when we do, it's a big deal. But now that it's been around forever, I'm more than ready to see it go. It's awesome when it cancels school, but unfortunately, it's still on the ground and we're still going to class. I'm ready for another Snowmaggedon like last year, when the snow was halfway up our shins. That was legit, and we got out of class for a few days. Oh the adventures we had last year...nothing like hiking in a blizzard! :) Alright, that's enough rambling for one day, I suppose. I need to go work out and get this lard of a body in shape for Spring Break!

-Fingernail out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home