Friday, October 15, 2004

Wal*Mart

I hate Wal-Mart. Better yet, I hate grocery shopping, especially when you're in a hurry. I had to go to 3 different stores today, Wal-Mart being one of them, and it took forever. I flew through the other 2 stores, but when I got to the checkout at Wal-Mart...ah, that's when the trouble began. Everything was going bueno, then I had half a dozen Kool-Aid packets I had to scan, and the U-scan thingy wouldn't accept it. It kept telling me to remove the item and try again. So I tried again...and again...and again, all while my line became the longest and I died a thousand deaths. I was about ready to give up and toss the Kool-Aid, when the teenage girl behind me stepped in. She was like, "It's because it's Kool-Aid. It's too light. I hate this thing." With that, she took a box of gum and set it on the weight reader thingy, stating, "This is what I always do." And sure enough, it worked. I finished checking out my stuff, feeling very, very warm (was it me, or do they turn off the AC in there?), and got the heck out of there, only to almost get in an accident turning onto Germantown. I don't think I'll go shopping for a while until I run out of Mountain Dew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home