Monday, February 15, 2010

Slip sliding away

I'd like to know who decides when we have class. I woke up this morning to an earthquake shaking my bed. I swore my bed was collapsing around me. However, as the cobwebs shook out of my head a little, I realized it was only my phone vibrating on my bed post. I got a text from school--a usual thing when there's questionable weather--and instantly began a silent celebration inside my head, convinced they were going to say class was cancelled. My hopes were dashed as soon as I groggily began to read it. Classes weren't cancelled, but instead had been pushed back an hour. Ok, so I got an extra hour of sleep, but still, I wanted class to be out. I only have one class on MW and it's at 8 in the morning, so it's not even worth getting up for half the time. Irrelevant to the main story, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Anyway...so, my roommate and I began the trek to class this morning. We thought the sidewalk was nothing but a thin layer of snow. My dummy roommate decides to get a running start and slides down the sidewalk...farther than she intends. With the frantic arm waving, she managed to stay on her feet, but just barely. Lesson observed, I start walking more carefully, but that didn't even help. I almost ate it 3 times on the way to class. The walk that normally takes me less than 5 minutes took me almost ten this morning because I had to walk so freaking slow. I watched as other students were doing the same thing, though some weren't as lucky at keeping their balance. This was by far the slickest day ever, but we still had class. I was not happy at all, but it is what it is. My school day is now over, so now I can go back to sleep for as long as I want. Hooray. :)
-Fingernail out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home