Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Whip-lash mania

Well, the car is quite awesome. We got new floor mats, a new drivers seat, and took off the peeling tint on the back and side windows. We're going to try to get a new paint job soon. Unfortunately, I went driving in it with my dad last night and it was not as easy as I was expecting. To say we got whip-lash was an understatement. I did finally make it to Hallmark, at which I showed Maria our new car. And I was glad I gave her a head start--I stalled the car a half a dozen times before I finally pulled out of the parking lot. But with a lot of practice, I should have the hang of it in no time.
You ever notice that teachers seem to know when you drift off in class? I swear, my geometry teacher KNOWS when I'm gone. She's got like a radar or something that scans the room, enters our brains, and makes her call on the person who doesn't have a clue about what she's talking about...which is usually me. When I know the answer, she never calls on me. But when I have no clue what we're talking about, what page we're on, or what problem we're doing, she calls on me. I've got to find a way to keep it together without having to pay attention. Which could take a while. I'll let you know when I figure it out. Later days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I have done in classes like that is make sure to say something when I know the answer and then i'm ok when I don't know because they don't like to call on people who have already been talking. It works unless you don't know any or they start with the hard questions. good luck on the driving and class.
~ria

11:44 AM  
Blogger Rai Rai said...

Yeah, I've tried that. It works, but when I just don't feel like paying attention...well, then we have trouble. :)

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home