Saturday, December 18, 2004

Mouths

It's amazing the good and bad stuff that can come from your mouth. For instance, I played X-box today and beat the boys into the ground. All that screaming is awesome...frustrates your opponent into oblivion. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my throat is going to be sore tomorrow. But who cares? I whomped Tommy and Jacob my first two games, but then I played Jake again and I got frustrated to the point of going delusional. Have you ever gotten like that? Been so frustrated that you just start laughing and screaming and you can't stop? Really?? Well...um, me neither. :)

In other news, we went to the dentist yesterday (I was quite glad, because I had been having a lot of pain in my back molar), and I pointed out my problem tooth to him. He studied it for a while, and couldn't really figure out what was wrong. I had been fearing the worst (a cavity...had a lot of candy over the Tree week), but he didn't seem too worried. He finally stood up and said, "Let's take you back and numb you up. I think there might be something stuck in there and you're too sore for me to poke around right now, so let's go on back there." UGH. I was shocked. I've never had novacaine before (other than wisdom teeth and I was knocked out cold for that), so it was a little nervewracking. Ok, I'll admit it. I was scared silly. I was shaking so much, I was moving the chair. Now, I probably shouldn't have been nervous. I've been through a lot more pain than a simple shot (ingrown toenails, for example. 8 shots in each toe KILLED!), but I couldn't help it. It was so sudden, I hadn't even prepared myself for it. But our dentist rocks, so I didn't feel a thing. He eventually did find a piece of popcorn wedged between my gum and tooth (so now you know to beware the popcorn). My lip stayed numb though for about 4 hours. I felt like I'd gotten into a fist fight and been popped in the mouth. It was pretty cool...it felt like it should have been blown up 5 inches from my face, but it looked completely normal. So...that's my story of the week. Enjoy, because I doubt there will be any more. Later days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home