Monday, October 04, 2004

ah, maybe band ain't so bad...

Wow, band was actually quite hilarious today. And yay for me, I got 20 pushups!! But Jordan beat me...he got a total of 65 pushups, and boy, was it funny. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at attention. It was one of those you-had-to-be-there things. Yeah, the drum majors got kinda slap happy with the pushups today, but it was ok. We were all laughing. And that's not even the best part!! Someone had left a soccer ball down in the net (cuz we were on the soccer field, as usual) and so Tommy, Jacob, Jordan, and I started playing around with it (we were the 1st ones down there). Evan got there and he wanted to shoot, so I got in goal. If I blocked it, he was to get 30 pushups...I blocked it. Unfortunately, we didn't make him do them (cuz we're nice that way) and kept on playing. Tommy got it and punted it, while Jordan and I raced for it. We ran halfway across the field for the ball and Jordan got it first. As I ran to catch him, my foot hit his, I tripped, and totally wiped out in front of the entire band. I mean, this was sliding into home base type fall....sliding half a mile on the grass, and nearly ripping holes in the knees of my jeans. My knees were all green and my stomach was all red and stung for a long time after that. It's really hard to stand at attention while your stomach feels like it's being scratched with knives...or something of the sort. Anyways, yeah, my knee already had a bruise from my soccer game (courtesy of Lizzy), so now it's worse. It's been surprising to look at my legs lately, because all these bruises are popping up everywhere....ah the price of sweet victory. :) Anyways, I'm starting to ramble, but pray for me, cuz tomorrow night I'm trying out for a competitive soccer team and I'm a bit nervous. We don't want a repeat of last year. Later days!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah that brings a smile to my heart. not the part about your knees or the pushups( your first @ band), but I'm glad you had a good time. remind me to tell you a little thing when I see you. have a good day!!!
~Ria

8:58 AM  
Blogger Rai Rai said...

Aw Ria, that makes me smile. Aren't you proud of me?? I'm learning to enjoy band!! :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Rai Rai said...

It was a beautiful wipeout. You would've loved it, Dave.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home