Sunday, February 13, 2005

DNow '05

Well, DNow was awesome. I had a good time with my group, and learned a lot as well. David Nasser was amazing. I hope that he can speak next year too. Shane & Shane were incredible. I loved them. I liked their style of music more...and their voices too. All Things to All People were good. I really like when they do skits that make a story, instead of just random skits each time. I really learned a lot, and it's so amazing when I ask God for something, how He gives it to me. I really wanted to learn a lot this weekend, in spite of everything that's happening, but I also wanted to know why. (David Nasser also spoke a little on that. We are the "tell me why" generation...we're one big boy band.) And it was so cool. One of the very first songs we sang had some lines in it that said, "No one else will do. I will take hold of You." And that just really hit me. I always chase after human beings that satisfy my longing for acceptance, and often push God away because I think that He can't do. But I realized that He loves me soooo much that He wants me to depend on Him for acceptance, because He's all that really matters anyway. So I really want to take hold of Him, and depend on Him way more than what I have been. That song was so amazing. I really needed that, and God sent it at just the right time.

Cause I need You, Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other name by which I've been saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's good like that.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home